Talent Remedy seeks a proactive, motivated, highly energized candidate for an HR Generalist role. The HR Generalist will serve as the primary point of contact for employees, managers and leadership for human resource related matters in a small, growth-oriented, multi-location federal government contractor. Headquartered in Northern VA, this dynamic company is looking to grow strategically and seeks out a great fit for their culture and business environment. A dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic candidate will be the best fit in this highly communicative role which will be instrumental in building, improving, and implementing human resource infrastructure. The ability to multi-task and prioritize will be key, while being an advocate for the employee population and a trusted resources for all members of the leadership team.
- Act as point of contact for all HR related matters, including recruitment, new hire orientation, employee relations, benefits, compensation, training, company policy, employee performance issues, performance management, termination/exit processing, or other HR related topics.
- Communicate actively with the company’s group benefits providers, the broker, third party administrators, and employees to ensure that all new enrollments, in service changes, and terminations are properly captured in a timely manner.
- Serve as liaison between employee population and leadership in communicating HR related matters when necessary.
- Keep a “finger on the pulse” of employee population through regular and close contact, building close relationships with employees and managers and keeping the rest of leadership informed as to issues of any significance.
- Properly maintaining electronic and paper personnel records and employee actions in accordance with local, state, and federal laws, as well as with company standards.
- Manage all aspects of incoming, in service changes, and outgoing employees insuring full and complete coordination of all necessary activities with other personnel and/or departments.
- Insure full compliance with local, state, and federal laws by assuming responsibility for familiarity with and compliance with the laws that apply to employee population and their work locations.
- Working knowledge of OFCCP, Affirmative Action, and Service Contract act; with ability to implement required regulations and communicate necessary steps as needed to employees, managers, and leadership.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired skills and behaviors
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resource or related field required
- 3-6 years of related experience, displaying increasing levels of responsibility
- Ability to multi-task and maintain confidentiality is a must.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills a must.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills and experience have an outgoing and energetic personality, great organizational skills, and friendly phone manner.
- Dedicated to follow-up and execution of tasks and initiatives.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Must have experience with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
To apply directly to this posting, send resume and to Bridget Pulivarti (BPulivarti@talentremedy.com).